Working Group and study reports
The BNFL National Stakeholder Dialogue did most of its substantive work through Working Groups set up to consider aspects of BNFL’s business, and through studies commissioned to provide background data and information where this was lacking.
The Working Group Reports were ‘owned’ by all members of the Working Group concerned, with no ‘minority reports’. The ‘studies’ were also referred back to the Working Groups that commissioned them and were iterated, it required, to achieve a similar acceptance. The reports were also examined by the Co-Ordination Group before adoption as considered outputs of the Dialogue Process.
This meant that the documents reported on the range of views present after the extensive studies and debates had been carried out, and often reached meaningful consensus in areas where this had been lacking in the past.
The reports therefore present the output from an extensive and intensive study by a broad range of stakeholders, who examined their subjects with a depth and intensity which had certainly never been approached before in stakeholder studies of the UK nuclear Industry.
Download the reports:
- Magnox Station Lifetimes and Reprocessing Throughput – November 2000
- West Cumbria: Socio-Economic Study – November 2001
- Interim Evaluation: Evidence Report – Influence, Productivity, and Impact of the Dialogue – May 2002
- Spent Fuel Management Options Working Group – July 2002
- Waste Working Group (Combined report) – November 2002
- Discharges Working Group (Combined report) – November 2002
- Plutonium Working Group – March 2003
- West Cumbria: Socio-Economic Study (update) – August 2003
- Principles for Liability Management – November 2003
- Evaluation of the BNFL National Stakeholder Dialogue – July 2004
- Diversification Opportunities at BNFL and in the Local Economy: JFF study – November 2004
- Business Futures Working Group – December 2004
- Security Working Group – December 2004
- Recommendations Monitoring Group – April 2005
Former Stakeholder Dialogue Process Co-ordinator, Grace McGlynn, introduces the Dialogue
The Environment Council
Independent Convenor of the BNFL National Stakeholder Dialogue, by Steve Robinson
Reports and additional content
Main and Co-ordination Group meetings summary reports and additional content
Journal of Public Affairs
BNFL National Stakeholder Dialogue: a case study in public affairs, by Anthony Perret
BNFL National Stakeholder Dialogue
Return to main resource page